I haven’t made microwave Keto bread in a while, so long I’m not even sure where the original recipe came from, but I had a hankering for avocado, tomato and eggs on toast. It makes a surprising amount because it is quite light and fluffy so I cut it in 2 and had one part with eggs and avocado and the other with butter and Vegemite.
Vegemite is actually a really great Keto topping because it’s low in carbs, calories, and high in vitamin B. And because you don’t need a lot of it, it gives you good bang for it’s buck.
- 5 grams of butter
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt.
- Put the Butter in a small microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, around 30 seconds.
- Swirl the melted butter around the bowl to coat the edges.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and stir well.
- Cook in microwave for 90 seconds on high.
90 Second, Microwave Keto Bread
Keto Bread Toppings:
- butter and vegemite
- cottage cheese
- cottage cheese and raspberrries
- Garlic bread by topping with butter and garlic
- Nut butters like peanut butter or almond butter
- cream cheese
- cinnamon and butter
- low carb berries like strawberries, raspberries and blackberries